Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Here's what my mischievous child has been up to lately...
Andrew and Blake have bunkbeds in their room. Claire would always try to stand on the bottom, get in trouble and get off. Well, lately she's been testing the limits...instead of just one step she'd go on to the second. Anyway, the other day she was very quiet...I knew she was up to something. I went to see if she was in her room and found her in the boys' room. ON ANDREW'S BED! I nearly freaked! I yelled for Matt to come watch her while I went and got my camera. ;) And now the ladder is hidden in the closet during the day!
Then, somebody left the gate to the basement open and she went down head first. Thankfully she caught her self on the 5th stair. Where was mommy? Sitting on the living room floor folding clothes. She was making a noise so I knew she was stuck, but it took me a sec to figure out where she was. That could have been ugly!!

She's also into wearing her scarf again...but is now adding the boots! The girl is learning she must accessorize!!

She does have some learning to do....she keeps wanting to wear her bother's hat!
Yesterday we spent some time outside! I think it was 60 degrees! I'm sure some of you have been in the 60's for a while..not us!
Anyway, it was nice and the boys were glad they didn't have to wear a jacket!
Blake playing hard with his trains.
Andrew played hard at the sand and water table.
(Yeah, Daddy DID put water in it at one point. What was he thinking???)
I pulled out Andrew's 4wheeler he got for his first birthday, but Claire wouldn't stay on long enough for me to get a picture. She kept trying to push it with her feet and wouldn't keep her finger on the button to make it move long enough.
She tried HARD to get her brothers to drive her on the John Deer...or whatever, it's called...but there were NO takers!
We are supposed to get MORE snow next week or so. We got some a week ago, but it was only an inch and a half. Hopefully we won't get much more than that!! Wishful thinking!!

5 comments:

thePiks said...

Claire and Allie could be best buds and get into all kinds of mischief together! I have to make sure the boys' door is closed at all times or Allie will be jumping on the top bunk! And one day I heard her crying but couldn't find her. Turns out Spence had gone outside with her, then left her outside the front door! Our girls will be tough!

Shandra said...

amanda, that is too funny! claire has learned to open the doors so closing them doesn't work. :/ our girls WILL be tough! ha!

Ashley Chandler said...

Oh no Shandra!! The basement always scares me. We keep the door closed and Emma has had MANY TALKS about how important that is. I bet you were relieved to know she was ok. She is such a cutie pie, just growing so quickly. What a personality she has!!! Too cute, all of them!!

Shandra said...

ash, i know. i'm actually surprised this is the first time this happened since we've moved here. blake felt really bad. :(

Shawn Ann said...

Yep, they could be twins! Eli fell down the stairs when he first started crawling cause the kids left the gate open, so we put a spring on it! Has worked great! He is going up and down the stairs all by himself now though. He likes to play where D and J play! And just wait till she wants to wear big fluffy pink winter hats and big winter books out and about on a nice summer day! Dress up! It's fun!