Monday, September 13, 2010

Omaha Zoo

Labor Day Matt was off so we decided we'd go to the zoo. For our housewarming gift our realtor got us a membership and we've been dying to check it out!
I was definitely overwhelmed! The place is huge and since we went on Labor Day, it was pretty busy. Andrew is off a day this week and we'll probably go back since we didn't even see a fourth of what the zoo had to offer.

If you know Andrew at all you know he LOVES fish. He was definitely enjoying the aquarium.

The coolest part was the tunnel.

You had all kinds of fish swimming around you. The boys loved the sharks the best!!

And the cute sea turtle.
We also saw some cute penguins.
Andrew wanted to know why these guys were in time out! :)
MY favorite was the polar bear!!
Then we went to the desert. It was pretty neat, but long. The boys were ready to get out of there. And Claire did go with us. Not sure what she is doing....
We saw a lot of other animals, but I won't bore you with those pics. I did ride a sky lift looking thing with the boys and was a nervous wreck. You're supposed to enjoy it and look at all the animals in the zoo. I was more worried that Blake was going to fall out!!!

So, that's all from Omaha!!

2 comments:

Shawn Ann said...

Aww that looks like fun! We saw a bunch of the same stuff you did at the aquarium on Friday...I still need to post about that! Jacob loves the sharks too! He wanted to rush through everything just to get to the sharks! Maybe we will have to do the zoo when ever we come thru there! It's nice you have such a big nice zoo! Oh and I love polar bears too...can't wait till we get ours back. They are rebuilding the exhibit and he is away!

cheryl said...

Hey, I've been to that zoo, this past summer!! So cool!