Saturday, August 28, 2010

omaha or bust!

Well, we've made it to Omaha!!
Here's all our stuff...except you can't really see it because Matt's truck is in the way. We are VERY thankful Matt's truck was able to go on the truck. Our packers were AWESOME! They were SO good with the kids and did a great job packing! We didn't have one thing broken!
Before we left I took a picture of each kid in their room. :(

Kinda makes me miss my house looking at these pics.

Moving is such a pain! I'm SO ready for my house to have everything in order!! I'm almost there tho.

The next day we headed up to Kansas to see the Sears'. They were kind enough to host us for a night. The kids all did really well playing together.

So, now we are here and just getting settled in. I didn't realize how much stuff we had until we moved! I'm really enjoying our new house. I don't have everything in order and maybe once I do I'll post pics...or maybe I'll post pics little by little. We'll see.
Anyway, we no more than got here and Andrew started Kindergarten!! He was SO excited!! I wish I could say I was sad, but nothing has really hit me yet...him starting school or us moving!

His teacher seems really nice and I'm really hoping he has a great year. It was funny because while we were at school a lady asked Andrew if he was excited to start Kindergarten and he said, "yes, ma'am." She immediately turned to me and asked if we were from the South. :)
Blake will start PreK this week. He's SO excited! He's been DYING to go to school since last year. He just thinks he's such a big boy. It will be good for him, I hope!
Claire turned 9 months when we got up here. I can't believe she'll be one before we know it! This year has gone by too fast with this move that I don't feel like we've really been able to enjoy the baby phase. Her latest trick (aside from pulling up on EVERYTHING) is giving kisses!! So cute!!

I think everyone is really doing well adjusting to the move. The poor kids (well, Blake and Claire) have been couped up in the house since we've been here. Today I got the basement storage in order so we are ALMOST set! Won't be long and our lives will be crazy busy with play dates and such...but for now, I'm enjoying getting settled in and not knowing many people. :)

We bought the boys this Gator when we got here. They had wanted one in Houston because our neighbor had one. Here...they actually have room to drive it around!!

Well, there's your update!!

2 comments:

jill said...

i hate i never got to see c's room in person. looked so cute on the walls. can't WAIT to see pics of the new one yet. well, can't wait to see it in person, so don't move before i can get up there - ha!

Shawn Ann said...

Oh how fun! What a BIG back yard! Watch out for those little boys on the Gator! Jacob and the neighbor boy were playing with theirs and the neighbor boy got in front of it and Jacob ran him right over! He didn't mean to, he didn't know what he was doing! But it was kind of scary! He wasn't hurt! Thank God! I can't wait to see your house pics! Glad your getting settled. I can't believe Andrew is starting school! Only one year till ours do!