Wednesday, August 04, 2010

don't even know where to start...

I've been such a slacker on blogging that I don't even know where to begin.


Guess I'll start with the kids...
Claire is 8 1/2 months now. Here's what she's up to...
She is a happy baby, but is really happy when she's with her mama! She gets nervous around strangers.Words she's babbled lately...nigh-nigh...bye-bye...dada...mama...no no.
Right before 8 months she started crawling and she's all over the place. She loves to crawl down the hallway and sneak into her brothers' rooms!!

She has also started to pull up on things.

I wish I could say I've done great filling in her journal for her and have her scrapbook caught up, but I haven't.


Blakers is just as mess these days.
He's all excited about starting school in a few weeks. He'll go 2 days a week for 2 hours. I was hoping for more of a break, but we really liked this school...so we'll see. I hope to be able to do more "school" with him at home. I started doing that with Andrew when he was 2, but poor Blake has gotten the shaft. We've just been too busy.

He's also enjoyed swim lessons this summer. We just finished today. He isn't swimming, but he's definitely come a long way.

These days he can be found doing whatever his big brother is doing. :)

Andrew will be a big Kindergartner in a few weeks. I really can't believe it. We keep planning family vacations and forget we can't just up and leave in the middle of the year because Andrew will be in school.

He's all about fish these days. LOVES FISH! Tonight at dinner we had fish and Matt slipped and told him it was fish. During Andrew's prayer at dinner he prayed for no more fish to die so people can't eat them. :)

He's getting an attitude and we are working on it. Some days we definitely butt heads. What can I say?...the boy can wear me out! He does mean well and tries his best to please us. I can't wait to see how he will do in Kindergarten!

And as a family we've all been busy. We are trying to do things in Houston one last time. Last week, I think, we went to the zoo to see the dinosaur exhibit!!

And we couldn't leave without riding the train. It was HOT!

We are also trying to spend time with friends before we leave. Mandy came in last week. We sure enjoyed our visit...and I didn't get ONE picture! Jenn Mas came over with the girls when Mandy was here. I'm pretty sure Mandy will never have children after her visit. :) I know all the kiddos enjoyed Miss Mandy's attention!! Thanks for coming to see us, Mandy. (And you too, Jenn!)

We've sold our house!! Matt and I were talking last night about how we can't really question if we are doing the right thing by moving (of course I probably will be my first snowfall!) because everything has just fallen into place. We definitely know this is God's plan for us. It's pretty neat to see His hand in this whole process. It's gone smoothly, but has been stressful and tiring! We leave next Tuesday or Wednesday and I think we're all ready to start our adventure in life!!

Well, that's it for now. This post has taken me ALL day! I'm tired and can barely see straight!

1 comment:

Shawn Ann said...

The fish thing just cracked me up! I always wonder if the kids will catch on when we say we are eating fish or chicken or whatever! But they have never said a thing! Too funny! My kiddos love fish too! How exciting the next few weeks are going to be for you and the fam! Can't wait to see pics from your new home! The kiddos are all looking so cute! Eli is right there with Claire! Into EVERYTHING! Except Daisy LOVES for him to come to her room. I need to make her room more baby proof! She is so funny, when I take her to the Y, she just wants to go play with the babies!
Hope all goes smooth for your move!